While residents of the Florida Keys are grateful for the outpouring of donations of clothing, food and other items from across the U.S., the hurricane relief response team is having to dedicate scarce resources to processing and storing these goods.
At this time, they are requesting that those wanting to assist with the relief effort make cash donations to established relief organizations. These donations will help agencies purchase precisely what the community needs. Cash donations also reduce the logistical requirements that come with donated goods.
Here is a list of relief organizations in the Florida Keys:
- Florida Keys Emergency Relief Funds at the Community Foundation of the Florida Keys
- United Way of the Florida Keys Irma Relief Fund
- American Red Cross Hurricane Irma Relief
- Save the Children: Hurricane Irma Children’s Relief Fund
- Feeding South Florida
- KeysStrong.org (donations and volunteers)